Posted by John Dupnik on November 3, 2016
Update (9/23/2016): The Dripping Springs public notice has been published. This is also a combined notice of the public meeting which will be held on November 10th.
At the June 30, 2016 Board Meeting, the Board of Directors adopted a resolution, position statement, and summary of concerns regarding the recently proposed Dripping Springs TPDES (Wastewater) Permit Application.
Groundwater users in the District rely on the Trinity and Edwards Aquifers and Onion Creek recharges both aquifers. The proposed wastewater discharge point is upstream of Trinity Aquifer and Edwards Aquifer recharge areas, so there is potential for groundwater users to be impacted if water quality in the creek is degraded.
(click here for pdf version)
- BSEACD Supplemental Comments on City of Dripping Springs Draft Permit (submitted to TCEQ 9/29/16)
- Comparison of Belterra permit settlement and pre-draft Dripping Springs application (discussed 8/25/2016)
- Board resolution (adopted 6/30/2016)
- BSEACD summary of concerns (adopted 6/30/2016)
- BSEACD position statement (adopted 6/30/2016)
- Onion Creek and Blanco River Study
Dripping Springs TPDES Permit Information
- Notice of Public Meeting and Notice of Application and Preliminary Decision for TPDES Permit for Municipal Wastewater (TCEQ, 9/23/16)
- Application for the Proposed Permit (scanned from hard copy available at Dripping Springs)
- Application for the Proposed Permit – Preliminary Engineering Report (scanned from hard copy available at Dripping Springs)
- Notice of Draft Permit Application (TCEQ, June 17, 2016)
- TCEQ Comment and Correspondence Tracking page (enter TCEQ ID: WQ0014488003, select all correspondence and filings boxes)
- City of Dripping Springs Wastewater Facts webpage