An arctic cold front will move through South Central Texas Wednesday afternoon (Feb. 2) and evening bringing the coldest temperatures we have seen so far this winter. According to the National Weather Service, we could see a wintry mix of precipitation forecast Thursday, along with very cold temperatures Thursday through Saturday.
Please take the necessary precautions to protect your outdoor pipes, faucets, and well-heads.
- Insulate outdoor pipes, faucets, and well-heads
- Check insulation around well houses
- Drain and detach garden hoses
- Drain irrigation systems and shut off watering cycles during freezing temperatures
- Locate your water shut off valve in case of emergency
You can also find more resources in our well owners guide: https://bseacd.org/uploads/BSEACD_WellOwnerGuide_2016_web.pdf
And here on our website: https://bseacd.org/education/well-owners/