Quick links on this page:
- Monitoring Sites and Gauges of Interest Map
- USGS Gauges in District
- Interactive Maps
- Weather Stations
- Jacobs Well Natural Area, Middle Trinity Monitoring Well, Real-time Data (separate webpage coming soon!)
- Needmore Index Well (Amos Monitor Well), Real-time Data
District hydrogeologists use a wide range of data to help understand aquifer dynamics. For general commentary, observations, and current aquifer conditions, visit the District’s Drought Monitor Blog.
Monitoring Sites and Gauges of Interest
The interactive map below shows the District’s boundary, major aquifers, and important monitoring sites. Additional detail is available by clicking on features. For example, the USGS stream gauge sites (shown as green squares) provide links to the online streamflow data.
Interactive map tips and tricks:
- Select a site within webmap to open an attribute pop-up window and look for the hyperlink to direct you to the site’s online link.
- Click the double arrows in the upper left hand corner of the webmap to reveal a customizable legend with layers that can be toggled on and off.
- Use the the basemap selector to choose from a variety of basemaps (topo, aerial images, streets, etc).
- Search for a specific address using the a location search (upper right corner).
- Zoom in or out by using the scroll wheel on a mouse or the magnifying glass + and – icons
- Tap the “View Larger Map” hyperlink below the embedded map will link to open a full-size version of the interactive map.
USGS Real-Time Sites
All USGS gages within the District Boundaries
Texas Water Dashboard
Real-time, interactive map that shows USGS gauges, National Weather Service rain gauges, etc hosted by the USGS.
Real-time, interactive map for Texas showing river stage hosted by the Texas Water Development Board.
Real-time, interactive map showing current weather conditions across Texas hosted by the Texas Water Development Board.
Interactive map showing current RADAR and stream flow data on a Google Maps viewer.
Interactive real-time map with surface water flow and water quality, rainfall, and weather data for the Colorado River Basin.
Hays County Emergency Services Flood map
Interactive map with status of road crossings in Hays County
Well Data Interactive
Texas Water Development Board maintains both groundwater water quality and submitted well drillers reports in an interactive map interface.
Automated Groundwater Level Map
Texas Water Development Board provides an interactive map of real-time recorder wells with links to text files and graphs.
Weatherbug Station at District Headquarters
Real-time data from Manchaca, Texas
Texas A&M Climatic Data
Historical climate data for Central Texas
Groundwater Level (data) Sites
Hays-Trinity Groundwater Levels for Texas
A clickable map linking to excel files of groundwater levels.
USGS Groundwater Levels for Texas
A table of sites with real-time and/or historic water levels from wells in Texas.
Texas Water Development Board’s Well Database
Texas Water Development Board Well Data
The TWDB Water Data Interactive (WDI) is a viewer and well database tool.
Antioch Recharge BMP Data